Alberta Parks is proceeding with a 60-day public comment period for the Jura Creek Trailhead Project in the Bow Valley. The Project involves adding land to Bow Valley Provincial Park and constructing a trailhead facility at Jura Creek.
Jura Creek, located east of the Hamlet of Exshaw on Hwy 1A, has become a popular year round destination for hikers seeking access up Jura Creek Canyon, Door Jamb Mountain and Loder Peak. Alberta Parks is proposing to add 0.56 hectares of public land to Bow Valley Provincial Park and create a trailhead facility in order to provide safe access and parking for Jura Creek.
As part of the Project, Alberta Parks proposes to:
- Conduct consultation on the addition of new land to Bow Valley Provincial Park for the purposes of the Project.
- Establish an interim disposition regulated under the Public Lands Act on the section of vacant public land (0.56 ha).
- Construct a trailhead facility that includes parking, washroom and garbage.
- Establish the Jura Creek Trailhead as a facility zone in Bow Valley Provincial Park managed under Bow Valley Protected Areas Management Plan and regulated under the Provincial Parks Act.
For further information about the Project, please see the Frequently Asked Questions and maps. Alberta Parks encourages and values your input. Instructions for providing written or online comments are available at: http://www.albertaparks.ca/consult/. If you wish to meet to discuss this Project further, please contact me by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 403-679-8416 to arrange a meeting at your earliest convenience.
More information here:
- Help Alberta Parks by filling out a survey
- Presenting our 2016-17 Annual Report